22The following are brief descriptions of each tour.
- Tour of NASA Langley Research Center after the Opening Ceremony– Friday Morning Following the presentations the busses rode by the Landing Loads Track, the Lunar Landing Simulator, several wind tunnel facilities, and the hangar on the west side. The busses traveled to the east side for a stop to view the Air Force F-22 Raptor. The tour on Friday morning lasted from 10:30 am to about noon.
- Visit the Virginia Air & Space Center including an IMAX Movie – The Virginia Air and Space Center (VASC) contains beautiful and exciting exhibits that celebrate many NACA and NASA accomplishments, and is the Official Visitor Center for LaRC. This tour took place on Friday afternoon from 1:00 pm to about 4:30 pm and included a presentation in the IMAX theaters.
- Tour of Jamestown and Site of 400th Celebration – The Jamestown Festival Park involves unique exhibits that were developed for the celebration of America’s 400th anniversary, and the Queen of England visited here in 2007. This tour was on Saturday from 8:00 am to about 3:00.
- Boat trip around Hampton Roads, Fort Wool, Navy ships – A guided boat trip over the memorable waters of Hampton Roads, the world’s largest natural harbor. The trip included stops at Fort Wool and a close up look at the ships of the US Navy in port at the Norfolk Naval Base. This tour took place on Saturday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm and included lunch.
- Visit the Mariner’s Museum and the New Monitor Center in Newport News – A brand new USS Monitor Center of the Monitor-Merrimac fame is a key attraction. This tour took place on Saturday afternoon from 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm.